Monday 28 July 2008

Yoke Fitting

Well tonight it was time to re-cable the sim. Its now all neat and routed better to support the panel being in front of the screen. The wires now all route down the side of the table so as not to get caught under the panel which rests on the desk when in use.

I also took the chance to get around the stupid mount on the CH Yoke that meant it never fitted on the desk properly. The issue is it wont clamp to a desk under about 2cm thick. Sadly my chipboard desk is 1cm thick...

My solution was to screw a strip of wood to the edge of the desk underneath, now for the first time the yoke is firmly fitted. Although I now can more easily skim my knees on the desk ;)

1 comment:

Fat Boy said...

Looks very good. There are not that many people building cockpits and even less that can actually build them.You have a good set up there and you are living the dream. I am also embarking on building a
home cockpit I am starting with the throttle. It is taking some time though so I understand the time you have put in. Good luck with the future build.

A location to track my designs for a 3rd generation GA home cockpit 'pit'