Sunday 20 July 2008

GoFlight Test

I finally got to digging out my GoFlight modules, a GF-45 and RP48 brought a few years back on ebay. They took a little coaxing, but I got them running in FSX. Still seem to be having some issues with the RP48 and my RealityXP guages, but its getting there. In the final design I wont be using the goflight modules to control the altimeter or heading bug, I hope to use the rotary encoders installed directly in the panel through Leo's joystick interface.

That will leave me 4 encoders for use with goflight. I think they will end up being used for dimmer, selecting the mode on the GF-45, and rudder / elevator trims.

Next step is to panel mount them in my new cockpit panel. The RP48 will go at the top of my stack, the 8 buttons neatly line up with the audio 8 buttons in the aircraft normally mounted at the top, So that is likely to be their use. The lights, cowl heat, etc will go through my still to be purchased joystick interface.


The picture shows the test run, I still need to build a new panel in FSX to run on the lower monitor through the wood template. So while flying I am still running 1 screen with virtual cockpit hence the upper screen being dark.

No comments:

A location to track my designs for a 3rd generation GA home cockpit 'pit'