Monday 28 April 2008

Holy Cockpit Batman




Well I now have a holesaw the size I wanted, 80mm. So I have drilled out the instrument holes and also the keyswitch. However the instruments are too close to the edge of the panel. I correctly allowed for the visible screen area in my design. What I forgot was the angle you view them at! Viewing at any angle you can see the edges of the screen :(

So I have decided that I will complete this panel and all the back end framework as a learning exercise. Then replace the front plate with a new one incorporating all I learned from building it the first time. Luckily I brought more than 1 piece, I have 3 identical bits of MDF so this wont be too hard.

As shown in the last pic, part of the frame is started. Its a table from Ikea that is just the right size, well almost, and solid pine :)

No comments:

A location to track my designs for a 3rd generation GA home cockpit 'pit'